Save the Date for Camp Delafield 2015
2015 Camp Delafield applications will be available in early January. Please email CampD@diin.org to join the mailing list.
Session I: June 8 – July 3 Session II: July 6 – July 31
Established in 1990, Camp Delafield provides both a rigorous academic program and a diverse arts and recreational program.
Camp Delafield provides:
- Intense daily academic remediation
- Stimulating field trips
- Great summer fun
- Opportunities to make new friends
Camp Delafield’s approach is to teach the whole child through:
- Tailored Academics
- Raising Self-esteem
- Building Social Skills
- Intrinsic Motivation
Camp Delafield is for children ages 7 to 12 with dyslexia/specific learning disabilities.
New in 2015 Camp Delafield Teen Camp for ages 13 to 15. For more information on Teen Camp please call or email Director of Programs Rosie Hickle at 317-222-6635 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One-on-one Orton-Gillingham tutoring
- Individualized lessons to address specific learning needs
- Daily small groups focused on reading comprehension, written expression, and mathematics
- Workshops by Theater of Inclusion in conflict resolution, social skills, and goal setting.
- Field Trips
- Swimming at Sahm Park
- Non-competitive sports
- Popular mystery guests
- Activity Groups
2015 Camp Delafield Information
Session I: June 8 – July 3
Session II: July 6 – July 31
Camp Hours: Monday-Thursday: 8:00 am-4:00 pm, Friday: 8:00 am-noon. Drop-off between 7:30 am and 8:00 am. Pick-up at 4:00 pm, Fridays at noon.
Location: Louis J. Jenn Family Park, 10450 East 63rd Street in Lawrence (easy access off 465 via 56th street).
Contact: (317)222-6635 and ask for Rosie Hickle or email CampD@diin.org
- Camp Delafield Mom
Camp Delafield would not be possible without the support from the following foundations and funds:
- Ayres Foundation
- Pacers Foundation
- Nicholas H. Noyes Jr., Memorial Foundation
- Lilly Endowment Inc.
- The Shaw-Burckhardt-Brenner Foundation
- Summer Youth Program Fund
We would also like to thank the following companies and individuals for their continued support:
- Braden Business Systems
- Julie Richter
- Dr. Mary McAteer
- Mike Silver
- National Wine & Spirits
- Theater of Inclusion